The Winix FresHome Series Size 21 one-year ultimate washable cassette: 21WC, is the replacement filter fitting for the Winix FresHome air purifiers of the series P300 and U300. Both these types of air purifiers use a 3 stage filters to clean the air and rid of the larger and smaller air particles, kitchen odors, microbes and heavy chemical odors etc. The Winix FresHome Series Size 21 one-year ultimate washable cassette: 21WC, as the name suggests is a one year supply for the filtering department.
Features of Winix FresHome Series Size 21 one-year ultimate washable cassette: 21WC
- This Winix FresHome Series Size 21 one-year ultimate washable cassette: 21WC contains a washable pre-filter, true HEPA filter and another washable filter with odor control granular carbon filter treated with CleanCel anti-microbial coating.
- Winix FresHome Series Size 21 one-year ultimate washable cassette offers the replacement filters for a year, as the pre-filter and the carbon filters are washable and needs washing regularly every 3 months. As for the HEPA layer, the filter change indicator will show when to change the filter. The HEPA layer needs replacement once in a year unless it is being used more frequently.
- Winix FresHome Series Size 21 one-year ultimate washable cassette is meant for the U300 and P300 series of the Winix air purifiers.
- Winix size 21 Replacement Filter can remove, larger and smaller air borne particles, scrub the odour from the air, kill microbial colonies and completely eradicate the VOCs at their molecular level.
- The 3 stage filtering by the filters in the Winix FresHome Series Size 21 one-year ultimate washable cassette that fits for U300 series, in real does a 5 layer air filtration. The pre-filter catches the larger air particles and this very same pre filter is also coated with anti-microbial coating that kills most of the bacteria and viruses that pass through it. Finer air goes into the HEPA layer, where the smaller air pollutants, pollens, pet dander and other particles are caught. The air from here goes into the advanced odor control carbon filter, where the milder odor from the kitchen, smoke and pets are filtered. The almost pure air is them subjected to the Plasma Wave technology, where the volatile organic compounds and other chemicals are treated with hydroxyl radicals to change them at the molecular level into harmless molecules or compounds.
- Both the pre-filter and the carbon filters can be removed and washed when needed, but never the HEPA layer. The washable filters are the unique feature of this Winix FresHome Series Size 21 one-year ultimate washable cassette. Unlike other replacement filters that requires changing the pre-filters every 3 months, the pre-filters here can be washed and reused when it completes every 3 months and change the filter at the end of the ear or when the HEPA layer is being replaced. It is this washability makes it a one year supply, even though it has only one set of the filters in the pack.
[restab title=”Working Mechanism”]
The plasma wave technology used in the Winix FresHome series of air purifiers can clean the air without causing any harm to the environment. Here, the VOCs in the air are molecularly made into other compounds and molecules that are harmless in nature. For this, the PlasmaWave emitted from the air purifier combines with the moisture in the air, producing millions of OH groups or hydroxyl radicals that are unstable. these unstable radical molecules, in order to make themselves stable, steals the hydrogen atom from the VOCs, thus breaking their molecular constitution. The unstable radicals become water molecules and become stable. The air pollutants then go a series of loss of hydrogen atoms to ultimately become water, carbon dioxide and other acceptable forms.
The PlasmaWave technology effectively removes the chemicals, odor causing compounds and other chemicals in the air. It does the job successfully without creating ozone. By the time the air reaches this level in the air purifier only the volatile chemicals will be present in it, making this technology even more easier and successful.
Carbon filter and pre-filter with anti-microbial property
The Advanced odour control carbon filter in the Winix FresHome Series Size 21 one-year ultimate washable cassette is washable and is as effective even after washing. Not all air purifiers can have the luxury of a washable carbon filter, but that is possible with the Winix filter cassette for U300.
The carbon filter in the Winix FresHome Series Size 21 one-year ultimate washable cassette can neutralise the pet odors in milder quantity as well as the cooking smell. Small amount of tobacco smell can also be removed by this carbon filter. With many pores on the surface the odour causing chemicals are caught and trapped there permanently to keep the air refreshed.
The carbon filter layer is also coated with CleanCel anti-microbial coating that can kill the bacteria, viruses and other microbial growth in the air. As the air passes through this filtering layer, the microbes are caught and kill so that the next filter and the air purifier to be sterile. This layer is not washable as the anti-bacterial coating will be damaged.
Replacing the filter
As per recommendations the pre-filter and the carbon filters are washable and need washing, every 3 months of use. The Winix one year ultimate washable filter cassette come with one set of the replacement filter. Depending on the use and quality of the air, the pre-filter may be washed or replaced anytime, when needed. The HEPA layer will have an indicator to let you know the time for replacement.
Replacing the filter is an easy process. After unplugging the device, simply open the front panel and remove the old filter. If only the pre-filter that need changing, take off the pre-filter from the frame and replace it with the new filter from the pack. Attach the filter firm in its place and reposition it on the device and close it.
For HEPA filter change, remove the pre-filter with its frame to take out the used HEPA filter. Replace it with a clean one and fit in the pre-filter as well. Once you change the HEPA filter and plugged in the device, rest the Change filter indicator by pressing it down for a few seconds until it restarts and shows green colour. [/restab][/restabs]