Setting up a car air freshener would actually keep the air inside the car fresh and clean with no bad smell, but keeping your windows shut with AC and air freshener ‘ON’ would cause headache for some people. I don’t know about the case of others, but some of my friends and I personally have had this problem. To get rid of headache, I switch off the AC to my side. I also wonder at times whether it’s the store-brought car air fresheners that give me the headache or is it the stagnant air inside the car that makes me allergic.
When searching for an effective remedy to get rid of headaches when travelling in car, I came across one blog wherein I found a DIY natural car air-freshener. It sounds interesting and I thought to share it with you guys, coz this actually worked for me.
Materials required for DIY car air freshener
- Wool felt balls
- Large sewing needle
- Quilting needle
- 1/4 inch ribbon
- Essential oils of your choice (I used citrus blend as citrus helps to get rid of noxious feeling and headache for me)
How to make a DIY car air freshener
- Thread your needle and tie a knot at the end of the thread as we do for sewing small torn-outs in your dress.
- Begin threading woolen felt balls onto the thread, one at a time. For a large circle, add more balls.
- Once you are happy with the size of your circle, sew the 2 end balls together and tie them.
- Add few drops of essential oils (whichever you have taken) on each of your felt balls. I used citrus blend and poured on each ball. You can add drops of oil whenever the scent starts to fade, so it’s easy to change it up.
That’s it, you are done!!! I got this amazing car air freshener, which is very effective in reducing my headache. So easy to set up and it just takes hardly 30 minutes. I really had a doubt regarding how long this scent will last on the balls, but it actually depends on the oil you apply. I reapply scents every couple of weeks.
I being a natural remedy lover, always prefer trying natural ways to get rid of health concerns, because I believe we being the children of Mother Nature, she can cure us better than any other chemically-formulated medicines.
Just give a try and if found effective, share it with your friends and dear ones. This would really be a great surprise and gift for them. Trust me!!! you will really feel better.