My grandmother is an asthma patient. She used to visit her family doctor frequently. The doctor recommended her to buy an air purifier for her room. So she can breath an allergy free air. Now the question was, how to buy an air purifier? I had zero knowledge about this machine. One of the most strenuous thing I found with buying air purifiers is the imponderable amount of choice….
What are Air Purifiers?
This is a machine used to evacuate airborne pollutants from the air. Available to lessen asthma and allergy symptoms. Air filter is also beneficial to reduce cigarette smoke. There are different types of air purifiers available in the market. Each Model has its own advantages and usage for specific purposes.
You Should Have A Clear Idea Of What You Want Your Air Purifier Do?
This step is very important before buying the filter. Since this will help in gaining a proper purification outcome.
Certain Parameters To Consider
- Know the Filter efficiency: This efficiency depends on the performance of an air purifier. Airborne and allergen particles usually measure in the size range (0.3 microns – 5 microns). Most of the air particles are capable to to eliminate particles that are as small as 0.3 microns or larger.
- Clean Air Delivery Rate: This is the second parameter. Which measures the total mass of air that a purifier is able to cleanse of one particular pollutant per hour.
- Operating Noise Level: This is an important factor. When your machine is running, Its operating noise may sometimes become a problem or disturb your activities. In such cases, you can opt for some quite air purifier having a minimum sound decibel.
- Check or the reliability and warranty: Usually cheap purifier will only have a short warranty. A reliable air purifier comes with in-built high quality components.
Here I suggest some of the best rated air purifiers. Believe me this step will be useful in choosing the best purifier for your home
Alen BreatheSmart HEPA Air Purifier With White Cover – best rated air purifier
You can say this a stunning amalgam of smart technology and simple design. Alen is easy to fit in any space. Offers one clean air environment for relief from allergy and asthma problems.
- Inbuilt HEPA Pure filtration system with a washable pre-filter and an ozone-safe ionizer.
- There is an intelligent filter life timer and an air quality monitor.
- SmartSensor and WhisperMax technology maximizes air delivery of purified air.
- Energy Star Certified with Alen’s lifetime warranty.
Blue 203 Hepasilent Air-Purification System, White
The machine is compact for any limited space. Usage of HEPASilent technology can remove about 99.97% to 0.1 micron sized particles completely. You need to change the filter at the right time for greater benefits.
- Comes in Swedish design for rooms up to (240 sq. feet)
- There is a magnetic timer, which will make you remember the appropriate time to change the filters.
- Highest CADR rate.
Airfree Onix 3000 Mobile Home Air Purifier Sanitizer Unit System – best rated air purifier
Airfree uses Airfree’s thermodynamic sterilizing system technology. Hence, it requires no maintenance and works in a quite mode.
- This is a compact and portable unit.
- It wont release any hazardous ozone.
- Airfree can destroy about 99.99% of microorganisms.
IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier
IQAir HealthPro Plus is mostly used in the hospitals or cleanest rooms. Through its Hyper HEPA filtration technology it can remove a large amount of chemicals and airborne particles.
- Rated as top air purifier by many health-related magazines.
- Works in a quite mode.
- Ozone free.
- There is a built-in timer and filter-life indicator.
- Offers 5 years manufacturers warranty.
Honeywell 50250-S 99.97% True HEPA Air Purifier, Round
This AHAM certified purifier has a carbon activated pre-filter to capture larger particles. Can remove about 99.97% of airborne particles. Also eliminates airborne viruses, germs and bacteria.
- HEPA filter is made of Glass-fiber HEPA material.
- Fits in a room of 390 square feet. Having CADR for pollen, smoke and dust.
- Honeywell has an Intelli-Check Electronic Filter indicator.
- Runs with the speed of 4 fans and has 360 degree all directional air intake and discharge.